[WT-support] SO2R

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Thu Nov 23 22:59:03 CET 2006

Filipe Lopes a écrit :
> Hi Larry,
>
> and you think it will work for WX0B box?

Hi,

I agree with Larry: chances to get an USB to Parallel connector working
with anything else than a printer are very low.

You could use the serial COM ports to control your WX0B interface... but
it is necessary to have 2 or 3 serial converters because only two
signals are available on each of them (on DTR and RTS pins).

One serial cable could carry PTT and CW signals.
A second one for the Active Radio and the Stereo signals.
And a third (if the WX0B supports it) for the Headphone control.

Of course, it is necessary to build a special cable to connect the
DTR/RTS outputs of these 2/3 COM ports to a DB25 connector with an
appropriate wiring. And you will have to configure each COM port in
Win-Test to provide the required signals on the appropriate pins.

Not easy, but possible!... I guess that it is a bit late for a contest
which starts in ~ 24 hours...

Olivier / f5mzn