[WT-support] wt.ini: a question and a potential issue?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Nov 21 12:09:19 CET 2006

Hi Bob

Bob I.2.WIJ a écrit :

> I was looking at the wt.ini file trying to find
> a variable for the CW speed initialization at startup
> (it always start at 34wpm)
> BTW is there a mean to vary this start speed?

No, it is an "hardware value" ;-)

But your suggestion is noted...

> Then I looked at the beginning of the file
> and noted the following:
>
> [Files]
> WorkDirectory=C:\Programmi\Win-Test
> Path=c:\programmi\win-test3-0\cqww2006cw.wtb
> LastFileName=cqww2006cw.wtb
>
> I installed the rel3.0 on a different directory
> but the .ini file still claim the
>
> WorkDirectory=C:\Programmi\Win-Test
>
> while the path is correct.
>
> Is this a potential problem during execution or not?

AFAIK, the working directory is used to find the various data files
(country files, SCP etc...).

> I edited the .ini file and changed the line to
> WorkDirectory=C:\Programmi\Win-Test3-0
>
> Started WT again, but after this
> it reverted to the previous
> WorkDirectory=C:\Programmi\Win-Test

Pretty strange. We have to check.

For everyone : For now, if you're using different ini files (like
DL6RAI), it is *very* advisable to create them all in the WT
installation directory, with different names.