[WT-support] WW-Contest-Robot vs Cabrillo

Rudolf Schwenger Rudolf.Schwenger at t-online.de
Thu Nov 9 17:53:04 CET 2006

Hi Ben,

tnx for directing me to the only way to submit my log in a trimming which the CQ-Robot is willing to digest in the correct way.

What I learned by experiment plus your input is that
(a) it is completely irrelevant what you put in the reference line of your email
(b) in the cabrillo-log you have to implement 5 (five!!) lines reading (in my case):
Category-Operator: Single-OP
Category-Assisted: Assisted
Category-Power: High
Category-Band: All
Category-Transmitter: ONE

If you fail to do this, i.e. if you do it in the old fashioned way (which is the way WT sets it up in version 3.5), namely just featuring a single category line reading either
< SOA AB HP>  or
< SO AB HP ASSISTED> or
< Single Operator assisted All bands High Power>
or anything like that, the good old CQ-Robot will default into SO AB HP unassisted.

Strange, but that's the way it is - at least with version 3.5 of WT at DJ3WE, hi.

Thanks again for your help!

vy 73 de Rudolf, DJ3WE

PS: Here is, what I finally got echoed back from the WW-Robot upon putting 5 category lines in my Cabrillo - Log and that is what I wanted CQ to understand....

2006 CQ World Wide DX Contest, SSB

             Callsign: DJ3WE
    Category-Operator: SINGLE-OP
 Category-Transmitter: ONE
        Category-Band: ALL
       Category-Power: HIGH
    Category-Assisted: ASSISTED
                 Name: Rudolf Schwenger
Postal Address: Hubertusweg 4
                       OT Hohenthann
                       83104 Tuntenhausen
         Log Deadline: 2006-12-01 23:59:59 UTC
          Received at: 2006-11-09 15:23:42 UTC
        Reported QSOs: 1144
       Confirmation #: 1011887.cq-ww-ssb

Thank you for submitting your log in Cabrillo format.  Please review
the information listed above and verify that it is correct.

Thank you for entering the contest and submitting your log in Cabrillo
format.  Please review the information listed above and, if necessary,
resubmit the log to make any corrections.

73.

Bob, K3EST
CQ WW Director