[WT-support] qso recording and SW quality

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 10:40:27 CET 2006

Tonno et al,

I agree with you that adding a voice recorder in WT would simplify your post-contest fun, but I would like to emphasize that while it doesn't directly lead to improvements to your score it still creates risks.

In my opinion the extremely fast and interactive (which is very welcome!) development of WT creates a situiation where there is less and less time for regression testing or verification of the already existing functionality. This creates a major risk to the SW itself in terms of stability and reliability. See the recent posts... they are mainly about CAT on legacy equipment and Telnet client troubleshooting... and these are the core functions of a contesting SW IMO.

In brief what I wanted like to ask to be very considerate with requesting non-core functions as they can create a threat to your own score at the end of the day.

73,

Zoli HA1AG