[WT-support] Partner Mode - confusion and question

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Mon Nov 6 09:28:11 CET 2006

Hi Tim,

> I just talked to many of our CQWW phone operators concerning Partner mode. They
> report the 1 sec delay was just the fact that they had to hit ALT-ENTER each time
> and that process was the 1 second delay, not the software. So my report of 1second
> delay for PARTNER MODE was wrong in that the delay was in the key pressing, not
> WinTest.
>
> So if you can perform REAL TIME then it will be instant with each letter/number
> appearing on the PARTNER monitor as fast as it is typed in.

I really prefer to heard that! :) OK, I've talk with Larry and we will
do our best to provide the Real Time Partner Mode on time for the CW leg.

BTW I strongly suggest to redine both Alt+Enter and Alt+Backspace to a
single key (like ' or \ or ] for Alt+Enter and - for Alt+Backspace).
That way you can safe some precious ms for entering calls (or partial
calls) in the Partner Window.

Best 73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn