[WT-support] Partner Mode - confusion and question

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Sat Nov 4 20:54:09 CET 2006

Hi Larry,

> Pileups are not near as big.
> The problem in the USA is hearing several weak signals at the same time.

This is not only a problem in US, but also in EU.
Here the problem is hearing one or more weak signals between all those
big guns e.g. on 40m.

> There are usually only 2 stations on each band for USA multi ops.
> If the run station cannot copy a signal, usually
> the second station will get a partial call because of antennas or other radios.
> They are usually only guesses with a letter/number or 2 parts of a call.
> [...]
> If you have the information in REAL TIME, it is
> easier for the run station to take the letters and ask for a fill.

We had the same situation at DP6A.
I worked some hours as second "listening" op on 40m, and it could be
easier instead of entering "partial suffix", pressing ALT-Enter, reentering
the "partial suffx" with the rest, pressing ALT-Enter again, and then
clearing the Partner Window from all those "suffixes" again...

> Is it possible for you to retain the current WT partner mode for
> multiple partners, while having the REAL TIME for one partner?
> This would be the best of both worlds and WinTest gets even better!

A realtime type window would be great for that purpose.

btw: we had about 1 second delay between pressing ALT-Enter, and
showing up that entry in the partner window of the other station.

did anybody else observe a delay here?

I could not reproduce that effect at home, here I cannot observe
any delay. If the delay has not occured anywhere else, then I guess
that it has to be a problem with our wireless setup with access
point - at home there is 100Mbit so no problem.

73s de Werner DL4NER.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/