[WT-support] ARI observations

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at lhv.ee
Mon May 8 12:35:36 CEST 2006

Just a brief comment after running first full time contest with WT. WE did small Multi Single with two networked laptops and two FT1000MPs. The run Station had EZMaster in use.

In addition to the items mentioned in my previous postings (including the VFO swapping and LATCH problemen described by Marko in previous mail) I encountered a problem:

1. When changing the band from MP's buttons then WT did not follow the band and mode sometimes. E.g. I was 40SSB and now clicked 20m and CW from MP but WT still showed 40SSB on logging row as well as on the bandmap. The CAT light on MP was still blinking. I had to click on the VFO frequencies on Band Map window a few times to get the WT "hooked" again to show the correct band and mode. This happened about 5-6 times when changing band - has anybody had problem like this?

2. Also had the WTDXTelnet terminating the cluster connection about 10-15 times during 24h. Is it because of the selected F5MZN node??

3. And Paddle is a huge problem still as it is not working correctly through EZMaster in any mode (also when no WT connected so not WT problem). Is it possible to plug the paddle directly to WT through LPT port?? Like in TR for example I can do. SO I could use WT keyer and Paddle plugged to computer.

4. I really missed the NR-1 and NR+1 commands. Or $SERIAL+1 and $SERIAL-1 (or whatever else as + and - are not usable I guess and 1 can be any number) for example to be able to send previous or next number. In MS this is very important sometimes. As I understand it is not possible in WT now, is it??

5. I definitely missed not being able to make more than 7 standard messages. ALT C procedure is too inefficient for them. But as I recommended you could create shortcuts for additional messages, e.g. CTRL+respective number that are all free or sth else..

6. Missed not being able to create QUICK QSL message in SSB as $CR not functioning

7. Missed the callsign field not automatically being filled from bandmap when SPing. It is not easy to follow the bandmap and see what spot turns yellow and in many cases you do double job and copy the call although it is in the bandmap.

I hope this helps and look forward to nay answers that might help me, especially about the paddle,

73
tonno
es5tv