[WT-support] Re: WPX Observations

marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Sun May 7 13:09:23 CEST 2006

Hi All,

Sorry about late reply but see my answers below:

>> Issue 1:
>> If you work split and put B-radio RX on e.g 7162 (A-vfo)
>>and TX 7040
>> (b-vfo). When going to activate B-radio with *-key vfos
>>was swapped just
>> opposite so that B vfo was 7162 and A vfo was 7040.
>> I was using two ft1000mp radios and ez-master. Anyone
>>observed this?
>
> I can not have the same result here with my radio
>simulator. I've got
> radio B with :
>
> 	- vfo A 7162 (RX)
> 	- vfo B 7040 (TX)
> 	- active radio : A
>
> When I switch from radio A to radio B with *-key, radio
>B is still OK.

I am just now testing this with my radios and this happens
always.

Here it goes:

I have Ez-Master, Win-Test 2.30.1 and Radio 1: Yaesu
FT1000MP MKv and Radio 2: Yaesu FT1000MP. Both routed via
EZ-Master CAT-ports. Ez-master connected via USB-cable to
my PC.

Radio & VFO configuration is following:
Radio 1 Vfo A 14150 USB Vfo B 14220 USB
Radio 2 Vfoa A 7010 TX LSB Vfo B 7210 LSB RX (I have green
led is active in vfo A and red led is active in vfo B) =
SPLIT functionality

1. I have radio 1 as an active radio.
2. When I hit *-key to switch to radio 2 A and B vfos are
swapped so that my VFO A is 7210 and VFO B is 7010.
3. I hit *-key again and focus goes to Radio 1 again.
4. I hit *-key again to get focus on radio 2 and again
radio 2 vfos are swapped back to orginal

So every time when I switch to radio 2 with *-key vfos are
swapped.

I made also following observation: When disabled split on
my radio 2 (I had RX and TX focus on VFO A) VFO's are not
swapped when hitting *-key. So this incorrect VFO swapping
happens always when I have split enabled on my radio 2.

>> Issue 3:
>> Problems with latch mode. What I would like to have is
>>that when using
>> scenarios I would always have latch enabled so that when
>>using
>> footswitch to start Radio A TX, my RX will be switched
>>to radio B.
>
> Please confirm that when latch mode is enabled, that
>works as expected
> for you?

Yes it works OK if I have latch mode enabled.

> If so, what about providing a $LATCH variable?

This would be nice feature.

73 Marko OH4JFN