[WT-support] Observations

G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 23:19:32 CEST 2006

Hi

I used Win-Test last weekend in HF DXpedition mode from ZB2 and EA9. Whilst I was quite happy with the performance of the software,  I made the following minor observations (please excuse me if they have simple remedies!):

1. It would be useful if dupe callsigns are highlighted in the log when they are entered (maybe a warning message, or change of colour??). I realise that the callsign in the partial-check window turns red however an indication on the logging line would be useful. This would also be useful for when browsing through the log afterwards.

2. I'm not sure how to determine the QSO totals net of dupes. Is there a method?

3. I use the Ins key to send  '$F5 $F2' and the + key to send '$CORRECT TU $CR'. If I enter a callsign, press Ins, then backtrack down the callsign to enter the first letter (which I missed on the copy but sense from the partial check) WHILST THE Ins MESSAGE IS BEING SENT, the $CORRECT macro does not send the corrected callsign. The problem does not occur if the first letter of the call is entered AFTER the message has finished.

As I said, nothing major but you might like to think about them..

73, John
G4IRN.