AW: [WT-support] DXTelnet and Win-test

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Mar 22 09:18:27 CET 2006

Winter, Andreas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have DXTelnet with WT working.
> One solution is:
> -configure in DXTelnet a COM-Port 'for DX-Spots' (I have forgotten what the proper name was)
> -connect this COM-Port via null modem cable (zero modem cable) to another COM-Port on a PC where WT is runing (might be the same PC)
> -configure this COM-Port in WT for "Packet Radio TNC"
> -be aware that you choose same speed / parameters on both ports

If both programs are on the same computer, you can probably use the MixW
ComEmul driver which acts as a "software null modem cable" between two
COM ports (the two COM ports are then virtual). Never tried that with
dxtelnet before but that would be OK.

See step 2 at:
http://polysat.calpoly.edu/earthstation/software/mixw/index.html

73,