[WT-support] WTRC feature requests

marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Mon Mar 20 08:15:00 CET 2006

Hi,

> We have been requested by different WRTC competitors for adding a
> feature to pass a frequency to the VFO B (or the secondary VFO when
> available).

> To be honest, such a feature is not easy to implement because it is
> really related of the radio. With icom radios, for example, it is
> necessary to first activate the VFO B to program its frequency, then
> activate back VFO A.

Propably we have to accept the fact, that there are some advanced features that
requires advanced hardware. What I think is that if some radio control protocol
supports advanced features, those features should be implemented for that radio.

This is quite same than advanced features with ez-master. You can buy what ever
SO2R control box, but you can only take full features out from Win-test with
ezmaster.
Same thing should be with radios, if you want to get some specific features,
you should then consider some specific radio.

Based on FT1000MP MK-V manual, it is possible to set VFO B frequency similar
way than VFO A with FT1000MP/MKV CAT commands.

You can download MP/MK-V manual from http://www.va3cr.net/index/manuals.html
CAT specs starts from page 95.

I can provide support for testing efforts etc. if needed.

We have also some ideas related to WT features in WRTC, but We will come back
to this issue soon with Toni OH2UA.

73 Marko OH4JFN