[WT-support] Re: networking wintest via internet

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 14:40:37 CET 2006

Hi all,

>>We do not privide this program public yet because we
are worried about
>>the possible diversions that could be made by guys
who would like to use
>>a such "wide area network" of stations located in
various QTHs to take
>>advantages (cheating?) in a contest.

I understand the worries about cheating, but anyway,
I would like to undestand the technology, since
Wint-Test use the broadcast to exchange info
while N1MM, for instance, use just another protocol
which can be carried over the internet easily

> I couldn't agree more. Why is the aforementioned
scenario not achievable
> using some sort of LAN?

Sometime you can't lay a LAN across the street
(to your friend home one block away...)
and where a wireless LAN can't be used;
and if you are not 500m apart, you are still
within the rules. :)

Thanks anyway for your time.
Bob, I2WIJ