[WT-support] networking wintest via internet

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 17:00:13 CET 2006

[WT-support] networking wintest via internet
Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Jun 15 23:53:43 CEST 2005
--WROTE--

> Perhaps somebody needs the same configuration.....
>
> I'd be happy about getting such feature in a great
contestsoftware like
> WinTest....

>This is an interesting things. In fact, wa have made
>an experimental
>software which can encapsulate the UDP frames of the
>local network into
>a TCP/IP tunnel. Each station QTH must run >one
"tunnel client" in their
>local network. The client will automatically connect
>to a "tunnel
>server" located somewhere on the Internet (it is
>necessary to have a fix
>IP address for that server, but the clients can be
>behind RTC, packet
>radio, ADSL, ... as soon as they can connect to >the
"tunnel server" via
>TCP/IP). That way, each station QTH can share their
>local network to a
>wide network with every stations of the HQ team.
>
>This software could be available on request, but *we
>won't give any
>assistance for it* as it is still very experimental.

Hi Olivier and all,

what about this subject?
Any news for networking over internet?
What about that piece of software?
Where can I find some info about it and understand the
requirements to use it?

I will be interested even just to be used by
two stations (one in CW and the other in SSB for
instance) in a mix contest.

73
Bob, I2WIJ