[WT-support] Some SSB SO2R things

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Mar 11 11:50:22 CET 2006

Toni Lindén wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> Some notes while operating ARRL DX SSB.
>
> Setup WT 2.28, EZMaster 1.37 with WK 10, OS win 98
>
> - While operating on SSB and I use footswich, my audio
> is stucked on main radio. So efficent SO2R operating on SSB
> is not possible. At least I don't want to hear my own monitor
> even on SSB. Would it be possible to have footswich making
> audio swich (latch)? This would be very important especially
> if one has nice run because in those cases most of the time
> no DVK memories are used. If I don't use scenarios (bank
> scenario) and select latch, footswich ptt and audio swiching
> to secondary radio if working OK, but not with scenarios.

There is at least to ways that could be done:

- letting Win-Test managing this: this will introduce a short delay in
audio switching each time the footswitch is pressed/released.

- letting EZMaster managing this: I don't if this is already possible
with EZMaster.

Fabio: what do you think on this?

> - Can't get "my short qsl message" working on SSB.
> I'd set a line: $RESET $R2R2 $F6 $CR $R1R2
> to F6 and did record just a quick tnx to EZMaster.
> The message is played OK, but no QSO logget with
> $CR alternative. It looks like all alternatives ($commands)
> are not working on SSB...

The $CR variable is working in CW only. In SSB, the + key would transmit
the F3 message and validate the QSO.

> - Would it be possible to add a feature that if I'm
> putting a station to band map with ctrl+enter, callsign field
> would be swaped (like with alt+w) IF the qso is dupe.
> But if it's a needed qso, it'd remain in callsing field even
> if I put it to band map with ctrl + enter. Now I have to
> choose do I want it to dissapear or remain in every case.

How sounds this, Larry?

Olivier / f5mzn