[WT-support] New Computer: Win-Test crashes

Barry Merrill barry at mxg.com
Tue Mar 7 21:45:52 CET 2006

I have had RFI induced errors in which binary characters in memory were
changed, and those bad characters were then written back to disk when
the program was stopped, because the program, by design, updated it's
configuration files with any changes, when it was closed.
The program would not execute, and had to be reinstalled.

This was NOT WinTest, but is an example of what can really happen.

I now have eliminated my second-story RFI problems with a combination of a
new, un-guyed tower (old one was metal guys with no breaks!) which is also
further from the shack and higher, and snap-on ferrites on the LAN cables,
and a massive ground cable to replace the old smaller one.

73

Barry, W5GN

Barry, W5GN on
the disk file