[WT-support] EZMaster

Olivier Le Cam olecam at f5mzn.org
Fri Jun 30 18:31:24 CEST 2006

i4ufh at hamradiosolutions.com wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> I am looking for an software help from you.
>
> Can you help me to develope a software "hub" that route the
> information from several virtual COMPORT ( where legacy
> application can bind ) to one single COM port ( the EZMaster
> port ) ?
>
> Main idea is similar to the Microham application that create
> Virtual COM and the application can referree to this port to
> bind their output ( ie. radio port, fsk port, winkey port ).
> All these information could be managed and routed with the
> right protocol to only one COM port where EZMaster is
> connected.
>
> My main problem is that I am not a real developer, simply
> coding for my test stuff, no backgroud running  experience,
> no DLL experience and so ...
>
> My main developement envioriment is Visual Basic 6.0, no
> NET , at list no time to learning more.
>
> My request is if you can help me to figure out to find a
> solution, you had most of the code written for EZMaster, so
> it could be more simply that starting from scratch.
>
> At least I can try to learn more about the Dev envioriment
> that you use, and you can supply me most of EZMaster code,
> and I can try to start from this basis. Altough my poor
> programming style is still a limit.
>
> What did you thing about ?? Obviously most of the limit of
> this solution is that a real SO2R managed as WT does with
> EZMaster cannot be achieved with this application, but at
> least is an help to who want use legacy application as N1MM
> or WL to use EZMaster with a single USB cable. ( Excluding
> the need of a LPT port for A/B radio selection and stereo
> selection )
>
> Hope you can have some idea how to figure out, you are the
> best one that knows how to coding EZMaster after myself ! !
> !

Unfortunately, I am not familiar at all with "virtual COM port"
programming. I just know that is not easy to do, especially if you want
to get it working on both 9x and 2000/XP like the microham router which
is really a nice piece of software on this point a vue (and even others)!

Maybe someone else on this list would be interesting to participate with
you on this project?

Olivier / f5mzn