[WT-support] CW Keying

Mario Lorenz ml at vdazone.org
Wed Jun 14 20:52:10 CEST 2006

Hello Olivier,

several Tests we have done show some inconclusive results with CW
keying. I have some reports from our team members about problems with
CW timing and stuttering, but usually this could be alleviated by using
different combinations of interface/PC/Operating System.

There remain two questions for now:

1) The workaround for the Kenwood CW problem (discussed here in
  March). We have verified on one unit that a different (newer) firmware
  fixes the problem. However it seems to be prudent that WT would avoid
  this issue (and possibly similar issues with other rigs) by not
  polling the transceiver while PTT is asserted.

2) Is there a setting like PTT ON delay, but for PTT OFF delay (ie,
   semi-bk vs full-bk ?)

On a side note, is it possible to supress sending of station status
messages, or configure the frequency on that, over the wan link ?
(or, put in another way: If I patched the tunnel software to do this,
are there any side effects of not letting those thru ?)
The reason I ask is that we would like to use some really low bandwith
links, and my estimates are that the status messages do form a
significant part of the bandwith requirements...

Regards,

Mario

-
--
Mario Lorenz                            Internet:    <ml at vdazone.org>
                                        Ham Radio:   DL5MLO at DB0ERF.#THR.DEU.EU