[WT-support]M/S

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Jul 14 13:41:11 CEST 2006

Hi again

Filipe Lopes a écrit :

> tell me something: If station 1 is working for example CT1ILT and
> station2(mult) is working G0RRR both are giving out the same serial
> number right? Should the mult station wait for a serial number or is
> there a feature in WIN-TEST that gives to the mult station the following
> Serial number? we lost lot of points in IOTA contests and other contests
> when using CT because of this. We sent the same serial for 2 stations!
> example CT1ILT received 4 and G0RRR received also 4!

This is a FAQ and has been already discussed here...

There is no provision for a serial number reservation or such things in
WT because it usually needs a central server to manage etc... And even
with such complicated things, it can fail ! I don't even talk abt having
a crash or failure of the central server...

To be short : It is not a big deal to send by chance the same serial
number because :

1/ The important thing is having the sender and the receiver to log the
same serial number, whatever this number is. Having some gaps or
duplicates in the numbers is totally tolerable. The correction robots
only check if sent and received serial do match.

2/ You can always "re-adjust" the serial number on the fly on your
machine, if you want, in WT by using the Edit / Edit serial number menu.