[WT-support] DA0HQ and Win-Test 3.0.6-hq

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Jul 11 21:30:31 CEST 2006

Hi Chris

Christian Janssen a écrit :

>> What country file did you use ? Option / Data files / Country files...
>
> We used the CTY.DAT. Thanks for that hint. There is also a CTY_WT.DAT
> with more accurate lookups for russians callsigns. We better should have
> used that...?

Unfortunately, CTY.DAT doesn't include correct infos on UA9 callsigns,
because it is hardcoded in CT ! To be honest, I never understood this
fact. Anyway, CTY_WT.DAT includes more accurate UA9 zones (based on
oblasts), and also, more generally, more accurate Russian zones.
Finally, CTY_WT_MOD.DAT (maintained by F5IN) includes more accurate
geographical data for several countries (coordinates and timzones per
prefixes). These data are not yet used by WT, but we plan to do it in a
future v3. And this latter file also uses the now deprecated US
callareas to guess the correct zones, even if it sometimes fails. Choose
your poison !

>> You had to :
>>
>> - Disable sync on all machines (you could use a remote command NOSYNC).
>> - Clear all logs (Edit / Clear all Qso...) on all machines (you can
>> also use a CLEARLOGNOW remote command)
>> - Re-enable sync on all machines (you could use a remote command SYNC).
>
> I know that, you know that, but with that amount of stations you hardly
> can tell all of them to do that. All were very keen on beginning the
> contest. Maybe next year.

I fully understand ;-)

Being WT-network administrator for a distributed HQ station across a
country is a *real* full-time job ;-)

73

Larry