[WT-support] Win-Test NAQP/SS and sound output

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Fri Jul 7 23:33:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Anyone else from the USA reading this group?  I obtained a copy at the
> Friedrichshafen ham fair 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying learning it.

Nice to read you there Scott!

> The transmit audio output of SSB memories is very high.  I am running the SSB
> meter into the 'red zone' with every message.  Is it that I have the mic input
> too high, the sound card output too high, or maybe some of both?  I can record
> messages OK, they are just too 'hot' when I play them back.

You probably need to adust the (wave) output level (double click on the
speaker tray icon located near the clock to open the Windows Audio
Control and ajust the levels).

> Comments about NAQP and ARRL Sweepstakes:

--- 8< --- [snip]

Thanks for your comments on the US contest which I will consider for a
next release. We didn't have so much feedback on these contest
implementations yet and it's interesting to have the opinion of a NA op.

> All contests: I can't get the TAB key to move among each entry window.  I can
> do this with the space bar but TAB doesn't do it.  Is it supposed to?

Yes it is. The TAB key would get the caret moving between the RST sent
and the RST/# received.

To move among each field, you can use the < key. I hope that it works as
well with a US QWERTY keyboard (as far as I know, this key is located at
a different place).

> All contests:  I am unable to use Alt-1 and Alt-2 or the * key to toggle the
> active radio.  Double-clicking VFO A in the bandmap box for radio 1 or radio 2
> will allow switching.  This is WITHOUT rigs actually connected (how I
> occasionally operate, no rig control from software, kind of like some older
> rigs are used with...)

Alt-1 and Alt-2 are now used for the "Partner" window (usefull for M/S,
M/2 or M/M operation) and are not available anymore for the radio control.

About the * key: maybe a keyboard localisation issue again? You should
try ' which is located where the * is here in a French AZERTY keyboard!
The * key of the numpad would work as well (you should then redefine
this key to a more confortable one).

There is also another alternative to toggle radios with the ALT-/ (like
in CT, I guess).

If you are operating SO2R / SO2R advanced mode (see Menu "Operating |
Technique"), you can also use the SHIFT key to redirect all keyboard
events to the "Secondary radio" window (see the Windows menu).

HTH

Olivier / f5mzn