[WT-support] Win-Test NAQP/SS and sound output

Scott Robbins w4pa at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 22:55:45 CEST 2006

Anyone else from the USA reading this group?  I obtained a copy at the
Friedrichshafen ham fair 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying learning it.

Some help from the group?

The transmit audio output of SSB memories is very high.  I am running the SSB
meter into the 'red zone' with every message.  Is it that I have the mic input
too high, the sound card output too high, or maybe some of both?  I can record
messages OK, they are just too 'hot' when I play them back.

Comments about NAQP and ARRL Sweepstakes:

NAQP is not shown as a supported contest in the reference manual but can be
selected as a valid contest when setting up a new contest in v3.0.

Alt-M in NAQP brings up DXCC multipliers.  It needs to bring up U.S. states and
Canada provinces and then show which are needed on 10, 15, 20, 40, 80, 160.

NAQP should not allow logging an incomplete QSO unless it's a non-A, K, N, W or
VE, VO, VY call or the entrants own callsign is typed on the callsign cursor.
It is OK for incomplete calls for DX stations to be logged as DX stations can
be worked for QSO credit but not multipliers.

Alternate logging for mults allowed for Canada in NAQP?  TR-Log allows "VE3" or
"ON" to be used for Ontario, for example.

Sweepstakes also allows logging an incomplete QSO.  This should not be the case
(TR-Log will not let you log an incomplete QSO).

All contests: I can't get the TAB key to move among each entry window.  I can
do this with the space bar but TAB doesn't do it.  Is it supposed to?

All contests:  I am unable to use Alt-1 and Alt-2 or the * key to toggle the
active radio.  Double-clicking VFO A in the bandmap box for radio 1 or radio 2
will allow switching.  This is WITHOUT rigs actually connected (how I
occasionally operate, no rig control from software, kind of like some older
rigs are used with...)

Am I doing something wrong?

73
Scott W4PA