[WT-support] WT3 and RTTY - Report DL1MGB

Christian Janssen cjanssen at bndlg.de
Wed Jul 5 18:51:02 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have tested WT3 and RTTY for some days with DQ2006T and was fascinated
who easy RTTY and especially RTTY contests are. Everything worked well
together with the microham USB interface (after I debugged my homemade
cable...).

But there are still some suggestions:

1. Is it possible to have seperate messages for CW and RTTY in ALL MODES
in the Dxpedition mode?

2. Change between modes in the DXpedition mode
2a. MMTTY is started with WT automatically, but when closing it WT has
to be restarted to open MMTTY window. A workaround could be to disable
the button "Run MMTTY" in the RTTY configuration, click OK and then
enable the button again --> MMTTY starts
2b. When the change of modes is going to be made more comfortable (like
starting/closing MMTTY when mode is changed with Ctrl-F1/F2) then the CW
port has to be handled properly since MMTTY uses also the CW port.
Workaround could be a seperate LPT CW keying.

3. Is it planned to save the traffic in RTTY window in a file or at
least that you can copy the text from the RTTY window and paste it
somewhere else?

4. A feature I dicovered just at the moment I am writing this email was
that in CQWW DX RTTY when I press F1 following message is transmitted:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCQQQQQQQQQQQQ
DDDDDDDDDDDDQQQQQQQQQQQQ222222222222000000000000000000000000666666666666TTTTTTTTTTTT
   and so on

Also RPT function seems not to work in the CQWW DX RTTY.

5. The RPT function worked in WAE contest (I used for the
DL-DX-RTTY-contest), but you have to enter high values to get some
seconds of pause. --> seperate settings for CW and RTTY

6. Like in CW can you also predefine F-messages in RTTY? I have some
here I used for the DL-DX-RTTY contest.

7. Is it possible to let the focus on the WT window? When clicking a
button or something else in the MMTTY window focus gets lost and you are
writing into nirvana (I hated that feature in Writelog...hi)

8. In RTTY mode the variable $RST has the value "5NN" and I cannot
disable the CW abbreviation mode to give "599".

9. When selecting a callsign in the RTTY window F8/F12-window don't show
the callsign or n+1 calls.

10. In CW you still have the serial number of the last logged QSO in the
$SERIAL memory. In RTTY when I have logged a QSO and want to send the
rapport again no $SERIAL is available.

11. In RTTY contest the cursor in the QSO entry line gets lost time by
time but this was not really repeatable. It seems that it happened by
chance even when I did nothing but staring to the monitor.

12. RTTY window does highlight the callsigns but not the serial numbers.

Thats all for now.

Thanks for the new WT version. I am looking forward to the IARU using it
with DA0HQ and internet tunnel.

Vy 73s de Chris DL1MGB