[WT-support] RTTY WINDOW

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 3 11:47:28 CEST 2006

Thanks Olivier - see below

>> I seem to have a problem with V3 and the RTTY window.
>>  I have tried the RTTY facility and it seems OK.
>>  But now, when I start a new (non-RTTY) contest in WT, the RTTY window
>> opens (headed WinTest Radio 1, and with the waterfall).
>>  I can find no way of closing this window except to go into Windows task
>> manager and close MTTY.EXE. There is no "minimise" and no "close" button.
>> Is there a way to close the RTTY window from the WinTest screens ?
>
> I didn't find a way myself to configure MMTTY as a top most window with a
> "minimize" button. Maybe I have searched the wrong way...
>
> As a workaround, you can uncheck the "RUN MMTTY PROGRAM".

Yes, I was trying not to have to reconfigure every contest, but I know I can
do that.

> You can also right click on the MMTTY icons in the taskbar to exit the
> program.

I missed that - sorry. That's the easy way to fix it.

> Anyway, the best things could be: when the modes the op defined in the
> contest configuration window does not include RTTY, WT doesn't open any
> RTTY windows.

Well, I'm not sure about that. As far as I can see, once you have clicked
"Run MMTTY Program" it always opens the RTTY window, even if you set up a
new CW contest !

73

Don, G3BJ