[WT-support] Win Key interface

tony canning g0opb at compuserve.com
Sat Jan 28 14:49:43 CET 2006

Hi Oliver,

I am running WT version 2.25 and winkey version 10,  Iambic A and B are now
correct. Thanks.

The CW speed difference seems to be resolved so I guess that has helped.
Thanks.

We still have a problem, although I am beginning to think it may be a
Winkey effect as manual speed changes whilst hand sending causes winkey to
lock-up. But a few hits on the Esc key seem to restore normal operation,
manual speed changes whilst F1 keying etc. appear to be OK.

In a contest I often send by hand and this becomes a problem. Does any one
else suffer?

I believe other Winkey installers get around this by issuing a Reset to
Winkey and then Re-load the required user set-up conditions on a random
basis when not busy. This recovers any lock-up condition, although it is
not a fix but a compromise and increases the serial data overhead.
Can WT tell if winkey is locked-up then implement this?

As a wish list, is it possible to have other max/min speeds apart from
20/60 WPM as it makes the speed pot very coarse and difficult to control,
this can also be done via the Winkey user-set up header information.

Many thanks.

73 Tony
G0OPB.
---------

Message text written by INTERNET:support at win-test.com

G0OPB wrote:
>> a) Iambic A display setting is B timing, and B is A timing i.e. swapped
>> over!
>
> Ahah, ok, I'll check that!

Well, the Win-Test code confirms your note Tony. That will be fixed in
the release.

>> b)A setting of 37WPM on the display is more like 28WPM but this is not
>> consistent.
>
> Actually, it is possible with WinKey to setup its internal timer during
> the initialization process, but this is not done now. As you're not the
> first one reported speed difference, I'll add this in the next version,
> hoping that it will be enough to get this problem fixed.

The version 2.24.0 which has been released yesterday does include a
WinKey calibration of its internal timer. Does it fix the speed
difference problem?

Olivier / f5mzn