[WT-support] Version 2.25.0

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Jan 21 09:43:37 CET 2006

Justin Snow wrote:
> At 22:28 20/01/06 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>Hi -
>
> Any chance of adding the option to NOT poll the radio interface during
> transmit in the next release?

Hi Justin,

Regarding the problem you reported on Jan 12 (sorry, I have been too
busy to reply before), I think that providing a such way would have much
disavantages than avantages and is actually just a workaround to get a
hardware problem fixed.

Did you asked OM7ZZ for assistance regarding this problem?

Sometimes, the audio problems are just relative to a ground loop or so.
For example, with both my laptop and my EZMaster, I noticed that pluging
the AC switching PS of my laptop was causing big noises on the audio TX.
After looking around, I discovered that it was a ground problem: feeding
my laptop without connecting its ground to the house one was enough to
get the problem fixed.

Olivier / f5mzn