[WT-support] Win Key interface

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Mon Jan 9 07:57:19 CET 2006

Hi Tony!

> a) Iambic A display setting is B timing, and B is A timing i.e. swapped
> over!

Ahah, ok, I'll check that!

> b)A setting of 37WPM on the display is more like 28WPM but this is not
> consistent.

Actually, it is possible with WinKey to setup its internal timer during
the initialization process, but this is not done now. As you're not the
first one reported speed difference, I'll add this in the next version,
hoping that it will be enough to get this problem fixed.

> d)When hand keying into Winkey whilst adjusting the speed control pot, the
> PC CW keys F1etc. then become in-active (will not work), along with the
> hand keying input and these remain locked up for some time. Hitting the ESC
> key may, return F1etc./hand key performance and the keying CW buffer then
> empties. Often the hand keying dot/dash ratio will have changed
> significantly after this, and the only cure I have found is to re-start the
> program!   This is a major drawback for me, you need to try this if you can
> to get the full story.

Which version of WinKey did you used? I noticed sometimes erractic
behaviours with WinKey version 9 when turning the speed pot on transmit,
which disappeared with version 10.

Anybody else noticed this as well?

Olivier / f5mzn