[WT-support] Win Key interface

tony canning g0opb at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 8 21:06:48 CET 2006

Hi Olivier,
Just purchased win-test as it seems to offer all I needed and have just
finished using win-test for the 1st time in anger, in the RSGB AFS Contest.

I am using Winkey set to 1200 8-N-1 on PC Com1, and RIG CAT on Com5 USB,
with win98 OS.

There appear to be a few operational problems with Win-test and Winkey.

a) Iambic A display setting is B timing, and B is A timing i.e. swapped
over!

b)A setting of 37WPM on the display is more like 28WPM but this is not
consistent.

c)Nice to have adjustable MAX/MIN cw speeds range and not just 20/60 WPM.

d)When hand keying into Winkey whilst adjusting the speed control pot, the
PC CW keys F1etc. then become in-active (will not work), along with the
hand keying input and these remain locked up for some time. Hitting the ESC
key may, return F1etc./hand key performance and the keying CW buffer then
empties. Often the hand keying dot/dash ratio will have changed
significantly after this, and the only cure I have found is to re-start the
program!   This is a major drawback for me, you need to try this if you can
to get the full story.

BTW no other USB/COM ports in use and I will help any way I can.

73
Tony
g0opb