[WT-support] Win-Test in RSGB AFS Contest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Jan 8 22:55:38 CET 2006

Hi John

g4irn at ntlworld.com a écrit :

> 1) When I started a new log, VFO-A frequency was not tracking tha radio. VFO-B was OK. I typed '80' onto the command line and then the software display started to follow the radio. (Don't ask what gave me the inspiration to do that; I don't know!).

Sometimes, depending on the data and the TRX involved, the first sync.
has to be done "by hand". Entering a band or even a frequency usually
does the trick.

> 2) In <Options> <CW> <Serial Number> I have 'Leading Zeroes' and 'Half Abbreviated' checked. I would therefore expect Win-test to send 01T for QSO No. 10 (correct me if I'm wrong). However, WT sends T1T.

You can't have serial numbers keyed with different signs for the same
figure. If you choose "Half abbreviated", all 0 will be keyed T.
Whatever their position in the serial number. You can't have "010" keyed
as "01T". It will be 010 (no abbrev), T1T (half abbrev) or TAT (full and
pro abbrev).

> 3)I kept the exchange messages more or less as default for the contest, including the faster '5NN' report when pressing the Ins key. However, on some occasions, the serial number was also sent at faster speed i.e. the '--' command after the $RST was ignored. The fault occurred a number of times but I could not recreate it at will. It occurred with both the Ins key and the F2 key; it also occurred a few times when I pressed the + key: my callsign was sent at the same fast speed as the 'TU'.

I let Olivier answer on this topic.

> 4) The output logs for the contest incorrectly state RSGB Commonwealth contest.

Oopps ! You're definitelty right. The summary file suffers the same
problem. I just fixed it in my dvpt trunk. It will be OK in the next
official release. The workaround for now is to edit these text files.
Sri for this mistake.

Tnx for your report.