[WT-support] Win-Test in RSGB AFS Contest

g4irn at ntlworld.com g4irn at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 8 22:20:09 CET 2006

Hi Guys

I have also recently purchased Win-Test and really like the 'look and feel' of the software. I used version 2.23 successfully today in the RSGB AFS contest , to add to Tony's previous comments, here are some more observations:

1) When I started a new log, VFO-A frequency was not tracking tha radio. VFO-B was OK. I typed '80' onto the command line and then the software display started to follow the radio. (Don't ask what gave me the inspiration to do that; I don't know!).

2) In <Options> <CW> <Serial Number> I have 'Leading Zeroes' and 'Half Abbreviated' checked. I would therefore expect Win-test to send 01T for QSO No. 10 (correct me if I'm wrong). However, WT sends T1T.

3)I kept the exchange messages more or less as default for the contest, including the faster '5NN' report when pressing the Ins key. However, on some occasions, the serial number was also sent at faster speed i.e. the '--' command after the $RST was ignored. The fault occurred a number of times but I could not recreate it at will. It occurred with both the Ins key and the F2 key; it also occurred a few times when I pressed the + key: my callsign was sent at the same fast speed as the 'TU'.

4) The output logs for the contest incorrectly state RSGB Commonwealth contest.

Overall I was impressed by the software's ease of use, though the promised ESM mode will make life much easier!
Thanks guys for a nice piece of software.

73, John. G4IRN.