[WT-support] Ideas and questions

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Feb 13 18:44:13 CET 2006

Hi Andy

Tnx for your report.

Winter, Andreas a écrit :

> With 'Alt-K' I move into the keyboard mode. With 'Escape' I leave.
> Is it possible to implement leaving the keyboard mode with 'Alt-K', as
> in CT?

Noted. Looks feasible at first sight.

> In keyboard mode I cant change the cw-speed (ALT-F9/F10).
> It is possible to implement changing the cw-speed in keyboard mode
> (Alt-F9/F10) as in CT?

Noted. Looks feasible at first sight.

> Is it possible to make the color of the dx spots in the 'Alt-A
> announcement window' changeable?

Color management (and more...) for all windows is scheduled for version
3. Please, be patient in the meantime ;-)

> Questions:
> 1.) If I press Shift & F1 I often get into a cw cq loop - which I cant
> leave or I don’t know how to leave - is this a bug or a feature?
>
> If it is a feature - how to use?

What operating technique are you using (Menu Operating / Technique) ? I
don't detect such a behaviour (but I'm not very familiar with Advanced
SO2R which might be tricky). Check also that Tools / Autmmatic CQ repeat
is not engaged.

> 2.) Stop sending CW is sometimes not possible if I use the F-keys and
> the keyboard mode. How is the "logic"?

In keyboard mode, if the "buffer" contains several chracters to be sent,
the only way to stop is to close the Alt-K window (with Return or Esc),
and then, press Esc to stop sending.

Can you be more specific on this issue with the F keys ? Again, the
operating technique might be of importance.