[WT-support] Ideas and questions

Winter, Andreas andreas.winter at siemens.com
Mon Feb 13 15:44:25 CET 2006

Hi all,

having used WT since September last year in WAE SSB, WAG (2000 QSOs),
WWDX (Multi-Multi over 6000 QSOs), DARC Xmas, HNY and DARC 10m Contest,
I can say that it has really replaced CT at our contest station (DP9A /
DJ7TO / DK4WA). We still keeped the DOS environment for CT on the PCs
but never went back to it since we used WT in WAG 2005.
We used CT for almost 15 years. We generate CW with the "old"
(CT-)LPT-Interfaces. Some ideas:

#1:
With 'Alt-K' I move into the keyboard mode. With 'Escape' I leave.
Is it possible to implement leaving the keyboard mode with 'Alt-K', as
in CT?

#2:
In keyboard mode I cant change the cw-speed (ALT-F9/F10).
It is possible to implement changing the cw-speed in keyboard mode
(Alt-F9/F10) as in CT?

Is it possible to make the color of the dx spots in the 'Alt-A
announcement window' changeable?

Questions:
1.) If I press Shift & F1 I often get into a cw cq loop - which I cant
leave or I don't know how to leave - is this a bug or a feature?
If it is a feature - how to use?

2.) Stop sending CW is sometimes not possible if I use the F-keys and
the keyboard mode. How is the "logic"?

Thanks in advance & 73 / Keep on developing WT!

Andy, DK4WA / DP9A