[WT-support] Ez-master+WT Problem report

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Feb 5 15:18:09 CET 2006

Olivier F5MZN wrote:
> Hi again,
>
>> EZMaster V 1.36 were developed due notify of G3BJ that frontpanel keypad
>> didn't work properly in EXtended Mode.
>>
>> So I had fixed it and at this time V 1.36 is tha last stable version. At
>> this time I need to investigate if there were any side effect not
>> reported
>> before.
>

> Thanks to Fabio, I tested with firmware 1.36 and I didn't see anything
> wrong with the scenarios.

My mistake! Everything goes OK as soon as one doesn't use WinKey!

With firmware v 1.35, the Scenarios work OK either with or without
WinKey. With firmware v 1.36, the scenarios work OK using the Win-Test
integrated keyer, but don't work anymore when CW generation is done with
the EZM integrated WinKey.

So, this fully confirm the OH4JFN and G3BJ reports! :-)

BTW, I pointed out another problem with Win-Test v 2.26.0-beta (which is
not related to the firmware one): pressing SHIFT+F1 (or any other CW
function key) does send the CW message to the secondary radio, which is
correct, but it also gets Win-Test switching to the seconday radio like
if the operator pressed * and this is of course wrong. This is a side
effect of the "frontpanel A/B button" feature included in 2.26.0. This
will be fixed in the next release, but I'll have to disable the "A/B
button events" until Fabio can provide a new feature in the EZM firmware.

Olivier / f5mzn