[WT-support] (no subject)

Matthias Jelen Matthias.Jelen at gmx.de
Fri Feb 3 13:07:28 CET 2006

Hello together,

last weekend we were active in the CQ160 CW contest (DQ4W, OPs DL6RAI,DK9TN,
DK4YJ) and, as usual, used WinTest ver. 2.25. Again, the software worked
great! Nevertheless I noted some points during the contest:

1. The grid of the bandmap is to coarse. If the band is as crowded as during
this contest, you often need to put stations in the bandmap which are only a
few hundred hertz apart. Sometimes a packet spot came in (seen as new mult
in red on the last line of the log), was added to the bandmap but replaced
by another station (not a mult in most cases...) only seconds later. I´t
would be great if the grid could be configured individually.

2. The CQ - repeat function should be stopped when changing frequency.
Sometimes I double - clicked a new station in the bandmap without
pressing any key to interrupt the CQ - routine, and started calling on the
new frequency until I hit escape.

3. I´m not sure if this is an error: I tried to configure the "check
partial" window in that way that entering two letters brings up all
fitting calls *in the log* and entering three calls brings up all the calls
in "Start with 2nd character -> search in log only". After doing so,
entering two letters didn´t bring any results at all. Do I understand
something wrong?

4. We used to stations: One station for the "run", one to find QSOs and
Mults. The mult - station entered the callsigns in the bandmap, so the run
station could work it. We found no way to include the state of US - Calls in
the bandmap so that those with new states / provinces  were marked as new
mult. This would be helpfull.

Thank you for all your support & work,

73s, Matthias, DK4YJ / DQ4W