[WT-support] Need for $KEY and $TAIL variable?

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Sat Dec 2 22:23:05 CET 2006

Hi guys!

I´ve been also hoping for $ commands for CW keyboard sending.

I see it very usefull in cases when you´ll ask someone for QSY.

Now I normally have only PSE QSY in F6 and then have to use
ALT K and give a QRG.

Then one message would be like "PSE QSY $KEYB".
I think it should work in a way that right after hitting
the F-key, one can type what he wants to and it´ll be
played after message programmed before $KEYB variable.
Hope you´re getting the idea... No need for waiting the end
of PSE QSY before giving the QRG etc.

Then other variable could be for example $TAIL. This would
work exactly like $KEYB, but all what´s writen would appear
to callsing window as well. Then having message like
"TU $TAIL" would make the job and right after typing the call,
you could hit INS.

I guess this was what Tonno was hoping for also.

I guess that "old school" guys may not need these variables
and may see those useless, but I haven´t had CW keyer
with me any more for more than a year and instead I´m
using only keyboar for sending CW...

73 de Toni, OH2UA