[WT-support] LPT keying and Windows XP - again

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 16:12:34 CET 2006

Olivier F5MZN wrote:
> Hi -
>

>> The address of the LPT is E400. Enable or disable IRQ? Port type?
>

> Can't you change this address to a more conventional one? Look for your
> card in the control panel, click properties and click on the "resource"
> tab. With some hardwares (P&P), it is possible de change the address.
>
>> ...or is the only answer buy WinKey2 from K1EL, and use an USB port?
>

> If you cannot change the address, we will try to get WT accepting 0xE400.

Olivier - As I discovered yesterday, many LPT boards automatically assign the
I/O address, and do not let you change them under the Resource tab. That I/O
address stays fixed, as long as you don't add any new hardware. If you do add
new hardware, the address may get automatically changed at boot time.

Looking forward to seeing an ESM capability for Win-Test, someday !

73,
Steve, N2IC