[WT-support] CI-V Interface to Icom is WinTest different than CT?

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Wed Aug 30 21:52:32 CEST 2006

W9ZRX hooked up  Icom CI-V Interface to the PC’s COMPort.

It works – BUT the Frequency Display by Win-Test does not change smoothly and
continuously as the Dial is turned.  It only seems to change AFTER I stop
turning the Dial.

I really don’t know what to expect.  I would have thought the frequency would
change continuously as the Dial is turned - like it does in CT.

Since it’s working, I don’t know what else I can do to affect it.  Settings on
Win-Test are 9600 Baud, 8-N-1, Polling ENABLED, and Radio 1 Selected.  The
IC-781 is set to 9600 Baud, with an Interrupt of 26h.

73,
Tim K3LR