[WT-support] experiences in rdac

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Aug 23 00:41:01 CEST 2006

Hi Dan

UA6AA a écrit :

> yes I confirm that it was my problem in contest too. The cursor must be
> not under the first part of the "region", but after it. If, for example, the
> region is wrong I could use Backspase to delete it and if it's OK i must
> type a number of "region" with out moving "right arrow".
> This is my two cents :)

Actually, the RDA contest is a bit specific on this point, because only
a part of the exchange (oblast) can be guessed if the whole district is not.

Maybe we could modify this behaviour as following (I assume we enter a
Russian callsign) :

1/ WT looks up in the log and in the database. If found, the entire
district if used (RV22 for ex.), appended to the RST, and the cursor is
located on the first character (R in our ex).
2/ If the district is not found, WT looks up the oblast (ex RV). If
found, it is appended to the default RST, and the cursor is positionned
after in the end of the field (to be completed by a number).
3/ If not found, the cursor is located after the default RST.

The only drawback is the case where the guessed oblast (case 2) is not
correct : You will have to use left arrow (or BS) twice to enter the
correct district. Choose your poison !

What do you think ?