AW: [WT-support] WT crash in QTC-window with Alt-K

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Sun Aug 13 21:54:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

--Peter Kroehan <Peter.Kroehan at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> Freitag, 11. August 2006 08:16 +0200:

> I confirm it also in WT3.07 on W2K. Ist amazing but who is and why sending
> via keyboard during receiving QTCs? There are all function keys you need for
> QTC-trafic. Is there a need for keyborard sending during QTC-receiving or
> sending?

sometimes it is quite handy, e.g. to ask for the QTC GRP/NR, if the station
is new to WAE and sends first the QTCs and You don't have the number before.
Or for things like "pse rpt qtc 3".

happened to me with WT-2.28, too. Did not want to try that with 3.1,
I tried before the contest, and ALT-K/ALT-K worked, see below.

My QTC partner answered with "hi" to my "sri qrx, pc crash".
So contesting is always funny :)
Sytem here Win-XP, SP2, W5DX-Box.

73s de Werner DL4NER.

> I can confirm what Chris writes...
>
> Open QTC window with Alt-L.
> Press Alt-K.
> Press any key -> WT is gone.

one addition to thisL..
1. Open QTC window with ALT-L
2. Press ALT-K
3. Prss ALT-K again

Stepps 2/3 can be repeated many times, no crash.
The crash is at the first CW character to be sent.

Werner, DL4NER.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/