[WT-support] "after-contest" impressions from a newcomer

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 18:10:17 CEST 2006

GE OMs,

> - Find 7 F-key unsufficient - Definitely it will be a
> problem in TTY (IMHO alt-c is unpractical and furthermore
> does not work in TTY) don' t see any point - except
> CT-nostalgy- to have f8 to f10 and f12 blocked
> by toggling of windows.

Maybe it is due to my limited contesting experience but I
can not see a reason why UI-compatibility should be
sacrificed for having more canned messages. Especially F10
and F11.  The latter is a very egonomically placed button
for a frequently used feature.

For more canned messages ALT-K is a good option IMO.

73, zoli ha1ag