[WT-support] "after-contest" impressions from a newcomer

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Aug 1 12:03:01 CEST 2006

Hi Phil and all

f6ify a écrit :

>> - Find 7 F-key unsufficient - Definitely it will be a problem in TTY
>> (IMHO alt-c
>> is unpractical and furthermore does not work in TTY)  don' t see any
>> point -
>> except CT-nostalgy- to have f8 to f10 and f12 blocked by toggling of
>> windows.
>
>  From a convinced Wintest user, I second this one, it would be very nice
> to have more CW/RTTY/USB messages on F8, F9, F10, F12.
> Toggle the corresponding windows could be done by altgr-F8, altgr-F9
> etc... (altgr = Ctrl+alt keys)

AltGr-Fx is already used to modify the Fx messages in SO2R technique :-(
  If new messages were added with function keys it should follow this
rule. We have to be consistent !

I speak for myself (Olivier will decide), but I'm not sure breaking the
  CT windows (and F11 !) shortcuts is a good idea. Maybe as an option ?
Anyway, we will think abt that...

Tnx and 73

Laurent