[WT-support] IOTA configuration.

David Quental ct1drb at iol.pt
Sun Apr 23 22:28:19 CEST 2006

Hello Laurent,

tks for your post.
> Hi David
>
> David Quental a écrit :
>
>> But we will participate on a Island in that contest, so far I know,
>> if we will do a qso with same IOTA reference, it will count as 3
>> points instead 15 points, so, how do I configure WT to count properly
>> during IOTA, of course if we do a qso with same IOTA reference???
>
> Congrats. You hit a bug !

Well, thks for your congrats, it was not so dificult, I did not find a
place to put IOTA ref, only that.
> In fact you are not able to set your own IOTA in the contest settings
> dialog (the entry field is disabled). Thus, the scoring is obviously
> wrong in the case above. This will be fixed in the next release.

Tks.
> Sorry for inconvenience.

No problem at all, at least some months before IOTA :) .
>> Another question is:
>> as I know we can have during IOTA we can not do 2 qso at same time,
>> but for sure time to time this case could happen, if so, can WT gives
>> diferent serial number even if we do 2 contacts at same time or it
>> will be diferent??
>
> There is no "number reservation" or this sort of thing in WT today.
> The main reason is that feature cannot be reliable in every
> circonstances. Anyhow, you can "adjust" the sent serial with the Edit
> / Edit serial number menu if you need to "re-sync"...

Ok, I see, I think it is not such a big problem, only a matter to
combine before contest, when somebody is doing a qso the another one
wait a while, it does not bother at all.
> 73
>
> Larry - F6FVY

Best 73s and till next email.

CT1DRB
David Quental

PS: are there rules for the JEC 2006 in WT???? My club had a fine score
last year, we want to repeat it again :) :) :)