[WT-support] IOTA configuration.

Hermann Stein hb9crv at eblcom.ch
Sun Apr 23 19:32:03 CEST 2006

Hello David,

Sunday, April 23, 2006, 5:39:49 PM, you wrote:

DQ> Hello to all,

DQ> this email it is my first topic in WT mailing list.

DQ> Because my club, GPDX (Portuguese DX Group) will participate in IOTA
DQ> contest, we bought software to use on it. But we will participate on a
DQ> Island in that contest, so far I know, if we will do a qso with same
DQ> IOTA reference, it will count as 3 points instead 15 points, so, how do
DQ> I configure WT to count properly during IOTA, of course if we do a qso
DQ> with same IOTA reference???

DQ> Another question is:
DQ> as I know we can have during IOTA we can not do 2 qso at same time, but
DQ> for sure time to time this case could happen, if so, can WT gives
DQ> diferent serial number even if we do 2 contacts at same time or it will
DQ> be diferent??

DQ> Best regards and 73s.

DQ> CT1DRB
DQ> David Quental

Dear David, CT1DRB
as you may know I am the organizer of another GPDX IOTA contest
operation from Flores island, CU8. Attached is the information about
our planned expedition.
We will also use Win-Test for the first time. I am already familiar
with this program and we tested this program as a m/s station. 2
laptops have been interlinked via WLAN. If you set under commands -
station type - run for the running station and the second station as
mult Win-Test will log all QSOs correctly. Even when pressing <enter>
at the same time on the running and multiplier station the program
will give the same number for the two QSOs.
During our test operation we also logged a station from CU8 EU089 and
got also 15 points.
I never heard about the rule that it is forbidden to log more than 1
QSO per minute. Where did you find this rule?  Last year we could
often log 2-4 QSOs per minute! However, we got problems with the
serial number using wirtelog as contest log program. That is the main
reason why we changed to Win-Test.
Finally can you please let me know where you will be on the IOTA
contest?

Vy 73's Hermann HB9CRV / CT3FN

--
Best regards,