[WT-support] Turn OFF default 59/599 reports in Win-test

G1OGY (Dave) g1ogy at g1ogy.com
Sun Sep 18 18:54:40 CEST 2005

> I thought this feature was pretty much standard in all logging
> software, hence why Win-Test also automatically fills in the RS/RST
> fields with 59/599 respectively.

and

> 99% of the QSOs I made have
> a 59 or 599 report both ways.

Which no doubt accounts for the fact that after 50 repeats and spelling
with 6 different type of phonetics we so often get "5/9" reports
for signals that we see as 4/1 at best!

This might be appropriate for the DC bands but for vhf/uhf and the
higher bands it is patently ludicrous.  What is the point of bothering
with a signal report in the exchange if it is not a reflection of reality?

That said, I'll take the answer to the original question as a 'No'
and continue looking for more appropriate software.

Many thanks

--
Dave Gilligan, G1OGY