[WT-support] WT & Power Failure

"Büttner, Bernhard, FCI1" bernhard.buettner at eads.com
Thu Sep 8 10:48:17 CEST 2005

Dear WT users,

during last weekend's SSB Field day we had the chance to test how Win-Test
behaves in case of a power failure.
We had setup a desk top computer (mistake #1, should have been a notebook
with batteries) for the IARU R1 SSB
Field Day. Due to the nice weather and good food we forgot to take a look at
the fuel (mistake #2). Four hours into
the contest, our diesel generator ran dry and the power went off. After five
minutes power was restored.
When Windows came back up, we restarted Win-Test, keeping fingers crossed.

Not a single QSO was lost, no nasty messages etc. - the file loaded like
nothing had happened!
Hats off to Olivier & Laurent for the very bullet-proof design of Win-Test!

73 Ben, DL6RAI