[WT-support] SO2R question

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Sep 6 09:01:55 CEST 2005

Filipe Lopes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i am testing WIN-TEST for some time an i will probably buy in some days...
>
> But i have a question:
>
> SO2R
> If we are running on 20m and mult on 40m, do we always need to press * to
> change to R2(40m) to write the call of the mult that is on the 2nd radio,
> and then press again * to go back to R1??
>
> Maybe i am doing something wrong and it should change bands automatically!!
>
> If not, it is quite frustraiting for people who does SO2R, having to press
> all the time *....

Bon dia!

There is another way Filipe: verify that "Operating | Technique " is
"SO2R advanced" (in fact that would work in "SO2R" as well but a menu is
grayed ... I'll check this). Then click on "Shift binds to the secondary
radio", also in the Operating menu.

Now you can open the "secondary radio" window in the Windows menu.

If you want to log something on the RUN radio, just do as usual. As soon
as the SHIFT key is pressed, every keyboard entry is redirected into the
secondary window. You can press SHIFT+F4, that way WT will send your
callsign on the secondary radio.

There is an option to get a second footswitch doing the same but for now
it is only supported through an EZMaster.

If you have any question, I guess that Jose CT1BOH would be happy to help!

Olivier / f5mzn