[WT-support] WinTest in German "WAG" Contest

Winter, Andreas andreas.winter at siemens.com
Thu Oct 20 12:48:06 CEST 2005

Hello,

last weekend we used WinTest in the Worked all Germany (WAG) Contest.
It performed very well !
Everbody of the 6 operators was satisfied.
We had a network with 7 computers and WinTest (2.19.4) was stable on all
computers the hole 24 hours.
There are only three minor issues which should be impoved.
- The colour of the Alt-A annoucement window: The dx-spots appear in a
"light green" colour. This was not good visible on the screen. It would
be very nice to change the colour of the dx spots or make it changeable.
- German "DOK": In General these are 3 digit numerics: one letter - two
figures. Some stations have "Special" DOK which have "abnormal"
combinations. These are "cut" by WinTest to three digits or not
accepted. The field for DOK in German contests should be extended. I
believe 10 digits (figure or letter) should be sufficient for any cases.
- it would be nice to implement a counter for the 10 minute rule
according to the WAG rules (least important)

Appart from that everything was excellent!

73

Andy, DK4WA