[WT-support] WT 2.19.6 & W5XD Keyer

Dominik Bugmann hb9czf at swiss-artg.ch
Sun Oct 9 16:06:26 CEST 2005

Hi

Yesterday during EU Sprint CW I gave WT another play. My CW-interface is the
W5XD-keyer from my Writelog times.
As earlier reported I faced some issues with the W5XD keyer during IOTA
contest.

This time I figured out:
- "configure interfaces": COM1 W5XD Multi-Keyer with 4800 8-N-2 RS and my K2
is hooked up to the radio port of the keyer.
  Radio 1: is Kenwood (HF). The same for Radio 2.
  With this setup I can read out the K2 on bandmap 2 only. Therefore I had
to enter the band manualy in the log.
  How do I have to tell WT that my K2 is radio 1 ?

- After pressing the INS key I had the feeling it takes some times until the
actual keying started. Might be 1/4 of a second.

- CW message configuration: INS: $LOGGEDCALL $MYCALL $SERIAL $ZONE
  between $LOGGEDCALL and $MYCALL I had the impression only a "short space"
was waited. Is that a feature? All remaining spaces were "normal" length.
This behaviour was only noticed on the INS message.

- While WT was sending the exchange and I pressed ALT-F9 in order to
decrease the speed the output was interupted. Basically a very long pause
was inserted between two letters (about 2 seconds). I still can't reproduce
this one :-(

I tried to find some detailed infos on the W5XD Multi-keyer but couldn't
find anything.What interface are others using for SO2R ?

73 de Dominik, HB9CZF
http://www.swiss-artg.ch/hb9czf