[WT-support] European Keyboards - AltGR+[x]

f6ify f6ify at free.fr
Thu May 5 22:27:54 CEST 2005

Hi Pete and list,

    Alt+GR is the right-hand Alt key and exist in an US keyboard (I use one myself and Alt GR is clearly marked on this key of my HP US keyboard) and if you hit Ctrl+Alt(left) instead it is ok. Try AltGR+5 you obtain € and Ctr+Alt+5 --> € same euro sign (not shift+4) ;-). I hope your mailer support these special characters...

It is better to declare an US keyboard in windows as "US International" in Control Panel/Regional and Languages options.
US (only) declaration doesn't permit all possibilities of your 100+keys keyboard as accentuation --> éàãêèîïäë etc... (Sorry if you read garbage).

73 - Philippe - F6IFY