[WT-support] voice recorder

ab7r at comcast.net ab7r at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 16:12:41 CET 2005

Hi all.  I finally have a modest SO2R station put together ( http://home.comcast..net/~ab7r ) and want to use WT for this weekend's DX contest.  But for the life of me, I cannot get WT's voice messages to work.

I am using, and have setup in the XP control panel as default, a santa cruz turtle beach sound card from a microham microkeyer.  When I launch WT and press Shift-F1 I get a little window pop up saying "press to stop"  something like that.  I speak into the mic for my message and press stop.  then when I press F1, nothing happens.

I can record messages using the windows XP sound recorder in the same manner.  Works fine.  If I do this and save the message as msg1.wav and put it in the WT folder, when I press F1 again, nothing happens.

Radio switching seems fine with the * key.  Sometimes my Kenwood is polled, most of the time not.

Using the latest version 11 of WT.

Any help would be great.  Thanks!

73
Greg - AB7R