[WT-support] FT-1000MP + Soundcard DVK

Simon Pearson m0clw at ftml.net
Tue Mar 1 11:49:08 CET 2005

Hi guys,

This coming weekend I will be active in ARRL DX SSB, SOSB/20 HP, as
G1A. I will be using an FT-1000MP and Win-Test in-built soundcard
voice keyer. However, I'm having a few difficulties keying the radio
from the COM port (PTT over the CAT cable)...

In WriteLog, there is an option in the interface configuration to
'enable all mode PTT over COM port RTS', which sends the PTT
information does the RTS line (pin 7) on the CAT cable. This worked
just fine for us during CQWW SSB 2004.

In Win-Test, I tried setting pin 7 on COM1 (the port I have the
1000MP connected to - and the radio link works just fine) to 'PTT'
from the drop-down list in 'configure interfaces'. However, this
appears not to key the rig (I can hear the audio just fine if I key
the rig manually by pressing MOX) :/

I wonder if anyone has had any luck with Win-Test and keying of the
FT-1000MP from the COM port? If so, what settings did you use on the
COM port in order to key the radio? It *must* be the same port as
the radio link (CAT).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon Pearson, M0CLW
* CDXC * WWYC * UKYC